Good day traders! Today, let’s look at EURUSD and USD Index. EURUSD is trading nicely bullish for the last couple of trading days and that is why we believe a new higher degree impulsive leg may be in progress. We see waves: one, two, three and now four finished, so the last one that can … Continued
- Technical analysis is a method for projecting the future direction of the price of financial market assets. Furthermore, it can also be used in the setting of potential price targets. Also read our Expert forex market forecasts
- The direction of future prices are determined by analysing previous market data; primarily price, time and volume.
- Technical analysis predictions are rejected by proponents of Efficient Market Hypothesis and Random Walk Theory, which predicts that future prices are effectively unpredictable.
- Technical analysis uses many different tools, methods and techniques, but primarily it employs price charts plotted over time to identify price patterns and trends.
- For this reason, Technical Analysts are also referred to as Chartists.
In this section we will provide articles to help develop the reader’s technical analysis knowledge base and to highlight ways in which technical analysis tools can be used for successful trading decisions.
Read more forex articles
USDMXN is clearly bullish, now in a five-wave impulse as part of a higher degree wave C. We see current price activity representing sub-wave five, that can be trading in final stages. USDMXN, 4H On the intra-day chart we have a closer look of the current sub-wave five. We can see that minor four legs … Continued
Good day traders! Today’s focus is on our favourite cereal grain – Wheat. We are going to take a look at its 4h and 1h movement. We are also going to dissect its pattern, which indicate a reversal. Let’s get going. Wheat was trading quite choppy, slow and overlapping since August 24 and thus was … Continued
The Fibonacci sequence of numbers has been used in trading strategies for many decades now and is a valuable tool in the identification of important levels to monitor when trading markets. In this article, we will look at: The historical and mathematical basis of the Fibonacci numbers An outline of the various Fibonacci numbers used … Continued
What is a Trend Line? A trend line is a line drawn between either successive higher swing lows, which is an uptrend line, or between consecutive lower swing highs, in that case a downtrend line. The trend line is used to signify both the direction of the trend and also to be used as either … Continued
Below we provide a glossary of key Technical Analysis terms. These range from the basic, through intermediate, to more advance terms used in the Technical Analysis approach to markets. Here we start with those terms beginning A through to P. You can click on a letter to find your section quicker. A – B – … Continued
Technical Analysis has a long history and in Europe can be traced to the 17th century writings of Joseph de la Vega about the Dutch Stock markets. In 18th Century Japan, Homma Munehisa, a very successful rice futures trader developed the Candlestick trading approach, which is still used today. Charles Dow Jose De La Vega … Continued
There are three basic tenets of technical analysis as follows: Market price action discounts everything. All information that is both relevant and available is already built into current prices. Price action moves in trends over various time frames. These trends are either down, up or sideways. History will tend to repeat itself. The common factor … Continued