- More than 70 assets available for trading
- Licensed and Regulated by the MFSA, FCA, BaFin, ACP, CNMV, FINANSTILSYNET under the MIFID directive
- Leverage up to 1:100 for professional traders
- Negative balance protection
NSBroker is a Malta-based online Forex and CFD trading service provider. The operator seems to be extremely proud of two accomplishments:
- It is based and regulated in Malta, which means that it is the possessor of an EU license.
- It offers pure ECN services. Due to the power of the Electronic Communication Network, it is thus able to give its clients the best available trading conditions.
That said, the real boast-worthy asset of the operation seems to be elsewhere. We always take a look at user feedback. As inaccurate as it may be, it offers a true peek into the inner workings of a brokerage.
In NSB’s case, this feedback is great. Granted, not many people have thus far bothered to leave such feedback. What that means is that we should take this rating with a grain of salt for now. On a small scale, even user feedback may be subject to manipulation.
So, what do people love about NS Broker?
- Some people like the quality of the services NS Broker offers. Feedback providers have not gone into details in this regard, however.
- The spread and the trading conditions, in general, are attractive. Given the ECN conditions NSB features, this assessment is more than plausible.
- Customer support is great. The broker does not have annoying account managers. It does not pressure its clients to deposit more.
- Some users appreciate the speedy account verification process.
There is no negative user feedback about NS Broker’s services. This is a little peculiar. Negative feedback is likely to surface once more users take to the forums to share their experiences.
As mentioned, the broker is based in Malta. The company behind the operation is NSFX Ltd, a Malta-registered corporate entity. Its registration number is C/56519.
NSFX Ltd. is licensed and authorized by the MFSA. Its license number is IS/56519. This regulatory backing means that NSFX is MiFID-compliant and therefore able to legally peddle its trading services throughout the EEA.
In addition to MFSA regulation, the broker has also secured the approval of several other regulators. Such regulators are the UK’s FCA, Germany’s BaFin, France’s ACP, Spain’s CNMV, and Denmark’s FINANSTILSYNET. While it is registered with all these regulators, NSBroker is not licensed by any of them, beyond the MFSA.
The physical address of the company is 168 St Christopher Street, Valletta VLT 1467.
According to its official website, the broker aims its services at the German, French, Italian, English and Arabic markets. As its top priorities, NS Broker has singled out three concepts:
- Innovative trading platforms.
- Powerful and effective trading tools.
- The best possible trading conditions.
Why would you want to opt for NSB’s services over those of its competitors?
- NS Broker keeps things simple. It only supports MT5 as its main and only trading platform.
- The broker is regulated and MiFID-compliant. This offers the consumer certain protections.
- NSB offers negative balance protection. It keeps the funds deposited by its traders in segregated accounts with prestigious banks.
- The pure ECN trading conditions are outstanding.
Platform & Tools
|Desktop Platform (Windows)|
|Desktop Platform (Mac)|
|Social Trading / Copy Trading|
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)|
|Charting - Drawing Tools(Total)|
|Charting - Indicators / Studies (Total)|
|Order Type - Trailing Stop|
Traders can download MT5 directly from the broker's website, free of charge. Installing it takes a few seconds and a few clicks. Opening a live account takes a bit longer. The verification process should not take longer than one hour, however.
Though the evolutionary successor of MT4, MT5 is not exactly its predecessor's superior. It is designed to excel in other ways than MT4. One of its strengths is flexibility. MT5 works perfectly well as a web-based, no-download trading platform, as a downloadable terminal, and as a mobile trading platform.
The charting capabilities of MT5 are comparable to those of MT4. The menagerie of preinstalled technical indicators and drawing tools is also impressive. One-click trading is also part of the MT5 package.
Perhaps more importantly than all the above, MT5 is great at:
- Using automated trading.
- Producing actionable trading signals.
- Linking up with outside frameworks and administration structures.
As far as trading tools go, MT5 delivers in this regard as well. Its MetaQuotes language editor lets users create and modify technical indicators as well as automated traders.
The MT5 Agent Tester service allows for the testing of automated trading strategies. Agent creators can make their auto traders available to others for free. They can even charge a fee for their Agents, via the MQL5 Cloud Network.
Traders can also register their accounts as trading signal sources, directly though the MT5 interface.
NSB offers what one could call a run-of-the-mill selection of tradable assets. The selection covers the usual categories of Forex, Metals, and CFDs, indices and stocks. Interestingly, the official site does not mention anything about cryptocurrencies.
As far as the other tradable assets go, NS Broker offers:
- Over 45 currency pairs. This selection covers majors, minors, and exotics as well. The FX category boasts some of the best trading conditions.
- The available commodity futures cover gold, silver as well as UKoil and USoil.
- There are only eight share indexes available. These cover the most important markets, though. We are talking about the FTSE100, DAX30, CAC40, AUS200 and USA100 indexes, among others.
- The site has a separate section for energy carriers. This section is only home to oil for the time being, however.
Commission & Fees
The broker does not charge commissions on any of the 100+ tradable assets it features. Instead, it makes money off the spread. Given its ECN execution, the spreads on most of its supported assets are extremely attractive. Spreads start from as little as 0.4 pips on the more popular assets such as the EUR/USD currency pair.
The maximum available leverage is 1:100. Just enough to give risk-takers some room to play.
The minimum required deposit is just $250.
Research & Education
|Daily Market Commentary|
|Trading Central (Recognia)|
|Social Sentiment - Currency Pairs|
|Client Webinars (Archived)|
|Videos - Beginner Trading Videos|
|Calendar Includes Forexcasts|
|Economic News Sentiment|
|Trade Ideas - Backtesting|
- The Terms and Definitions section is straightforward. With its help, beginners will not get lost in the lingo. The glossary is exhaustive and it covers most of what a proper trader needs to know.
- Video lessons cover Forex trading, Market Analysis, Trading Psychology, Trading Strategies, as well as Crypto Trading. A separate package deals with the ins and outs of the trading platform. Each educational video package consists of several videos. The videos are offered in a reward system. To unlock the first one, users need to register an account.
- The broker also hosts occasional webinars. These are not as regular as one would expect them to be, however. The education section does offer a calendar, which highlights the dates of the upcoming webinars.
- An eBook selection is also part of the education package. The currently available eBooks cover Forex trading, stock trading, CFD trading, and cryptocurrency trading.
The analytics section of the site covers:
- A section on financial news. Given that we are talking about a news section here, this is hardly fresh/useful. The latest entry in it is around two weeks old.
- The technical analysis section fares somewhat better in this regard.
- Market reviews are market-specific news.
- The strategy section offers some interesting takes on technical indicators and various trading strategies.
- There is also an Economic Calendar and Traders' Advice section.
NSBroker's technical support works from 8 AM to 8 PM, five days a week. The email address for support is email@example.com. The Contact page of the website features an email form.
In addition to the mentioned methods, there are three phone numbers available, together with a call-back service. The three phone numbers are:
- +44 (208) 089-08-14 for the UK
- +356 (27) 78-15-65 for Malta
- +43 (720) 02-25-09 for Austria
|Charting - Draw Trend Lines|
|Charting - Can Turn Horizontally|
|Charting - Technical Studies/Indicators|
|Watchlist - Syncing|
|Trading - Forex|
|Trading - CFDs|
|Alerts - Basic Fields|
NSBroker is a serious and reputable online brokerage. Regulated in Malta and registered with several other national regulators, it is fully MiFID-compliant. Its platform offer and tradable asset selection are somewhat limited. A few things are missing in its education section as well.