- Up to 1:200 leverage on crypto assets
- Available in 15 languages
- 24/7 Live chat support
- 100+ assets pairs to trade
- No MT4 or MT5 support.
- No phone support.
- No FCA regulation
PrimeXBT is an interesting and quite quirky online FX/crypto/commodities/indices CFD trading destination. Unlike most other actors in this space, it does indeed bring something new and unique to the table.
- It is multi-currency crypto based, meaning that traders can only make deposits in crypto. This includes BTC, ETH, USDT, USDC, and COV
- Thus, it requires no personal information from traders and it does not require KYC.
- It offers a unique, proprietary trading platform.
Besides its well-defined and attractive main selling point, PrimeXBT has other strengths like its reputation. Thus far, the overwhelming majority of the user feedback concerning the operation is positive.
Most users appreciate the uniqueness of PrimeXBT’s offer. What they like most about the brokerage is:
- The functionality of its trading platform. The Contest Module and Covesting Copy Trading features are very popular.
- The fact that cryptocurrencies do not represent the only focus of the brokerage. The broker has made other, more ‘conventional’ markets available for trading as well.
- Transactions that are settled in bitcoin or the crypto denominated account that is selected by the user.
- The 24/7 customer support.
- The user interface, which some traders find attractive and very easy on the eyes.
Some feedback providers have simply stated that they like everything about the brokerage.
As mentioned, the majority of PrimeXBT’s user feedback is positive. There are a few complaints, however, as one might expect.
- Some users do not like the trading platform. It has been called simple and slow. Some have derided the iPhone app as being less than ideal as well.
- As always, some users have called the broker a scammer. At least one such user did not understand how leverage worked, which is why he/she lost some minute funds.
- Some traders consider PrimeXBT to be less than ideal for the trading of ‘conventional’ assets, such as stocks.
The team behind PrimeXBT seems very keen on addressing all complaints as well as positive feedback. They are indeed on top of the situation in that regard.
Who are behind PrimeXBT? Is the broker regulated?
The company behind the PrimeXBT brand is PrimeXBT Trading Services Ltd. Founded in 2018, this corporate entity is registered in the Seychelles. Its company registration number is 206865.
Another company also belonging to the PrimeXBT fold is Prime Technologies Ltd. This too is a registered corporate entity. Based in St Vincent and the Grenadines, the registration number of this corporate branch is 25369BC2019.
The headquarters of the operation are located at First floor, First St. Vincent Bank Ltd Building, James Street, Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
PrimeXBT maintains three physical offices and it currently has more than 40 employees. The operation relies on more than 12 liquidity providers and it processes more than 500 million dollars worth of trading every day.
The brokerage is regulated by the local SVGFSA of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. As of July 5th 2020 they have a acquired a ASIC regulation.
What this means is that the brokerage is not MiFID compliant. Since it observes no KYC policy, this is hardly surprising. According to the official site of the broker, PrimeXBT does not accept clients from countries that require special licenses, accreditation, or regulation.
The brokerage aims to harness the privacy features, censorship resistance and permissionless nature of bitcoin to conduct its business.
PrimeXBT is not a dealing desk broker.
Platform and Tools
|Desktop Platform (Windows)
|Desktop Platform (Mac)
|Social Trading / Copy Trading
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
|Charting - Drawing Tools(Total)
|Charting - Indicators / Studies (Total)
|Order Type - Trailing Stop
As mentioned, PrimeXBT relies solely on its proprietary trading platform. It does not currently support MT4 or MT5.
The PrimeXBT platform is attractive, its functionality is good, and its features are sufficient. Charting-wise, it is surprisingly comprehensive and powerful.
PrimeXBT’s platform supports scores of time frames, drawing tools, and chart types. It offers an impressive number of technical indicators, as well as the possibility for traders to keep their eyes on several charts simultaneously. Users can customize their chart layouts while analyzing their trading history and tracking their activity.
Users are free to set up custom workspaces. The platform allows for regular trading, one-click trading, and double-click trading.
- Regular trading opens up an order window and requires order confirmation before trade execution.
- One-click trading is all about speed. It lets traders create new orders, cancel working orders, and close positions without confirmation, at a single click.
- Double-click trading lets users accomplish the same, at two clicks. A single click in this trading mode opens the order window or a confirmation window before closing a position.
In addition to all the trading-related features and widgets, the app also offers three quirky and popular investment tools.
- Covesting is PrimeXBT’s social trading feature. With the guidance of a fully transparent global leaderboard system, users can select from scores of top-ranked traders, whom they can then follow and automatically start copying to benefit from their winning moves. The platform offers detailed statistics on these experts, complete with a chart of their performance and trading details.
Yield accounts allow passive investors to earn sustainable yield on staked crypto assets. By staking idle ETH, USDT, or USDC, investors are able to receive daily payouts directly into their staking balance for compounded returns. APY can be boosted by up to 2X by activating COV token membership.
Weekly trading contests is an area where traders can take advantage of in a multitude of ways. Participants who enter into weekly trading competitions are met with risk-free virtual funds to trade in a simulated environment. Top traders in each contest are rewarded with a portion of a crypto prize pool. Since there is no risk with using virtual funds, traders can use the contest module to backtest or try new trading strategies as well as practice what they learned from the PrimeXBT Trading Academy.
Covesting is PrimeXBT’s social trading feature. It is not live yet, although it is already available in what one could call a preview mode. Traders can select from scores of experts, whom they can then follow and benefit from their winning moves. The platform offers detailed statistics on these experts, complete with a chart of their performance.
Given its crypto-focused nature, the broker supports an impressive number of tradable assets, covering Fx, stocks, indices, and some commodities.
As far as the crypto selection is concerned, users can trade 30+ crypto assets in various combinations. The crypto/USD pair of each of these assets is available, together with a combination of crypto/crypto pairs.
The maximum leverage on crypto assets is 1:200.
The Fx selection is fairly run-of-the-mill. You can find most majors, minors, and exotic pairs you may want to trade. The trading conditions on these assets are also reasonable.
The broker also offers CFD options for energies and indices. Of these, crude- and Brent oil, and natural gas are the most prominent.
Gold and silver are available for trading as well.
Commission and Fees
PrimeXTB’s average spread on its supported assets is 0.4 pips. The broker charges two types of fees based on what assets its users trade.
- Crypto assets carry a 0.05% trading fee.
- This fee is 0.0001% for indices, commodities, and Forex pairs.
The broker calculates its fees on a per-trade basis. All fees are flat.
In addition to the above, the broker also charges a withdrawal fee of 0.0005BTC, 0.00007 ETH, 0.8 USDT, 0.5 USDC, 2 COV. Withdrawal is possible once per day.
Research and Education
|Daily Market Commentary
|Trading Central (Recognia)
|Social Sentiment - Currency Pairs
|Client Webinars (Archived)
|Videos - Beginner Trading Videos
|Calendar Includes Forexcasts
|Economic News Sentiment
|Trade Ideas - Backtesting
Education-wise, PrimeXBT is in a class with the best online brokerages. It supports a wide range of research and education tools.
- Forex news from top-tier sources.
- Daily market commentary.
- PrimeXBT Trading Academy.
- Delkos research.
- Social sentiment analysis.
- An economic calendar including forecasts.
- Trade ideas as well as strategy back-testing.
The easiest way to get support at PrimeXBT is through the live chat feature of the trading platform. While logged into your trading account, go to the top right corner, select the menu icon and choose the chat feature.
The PrimeXBT Help Center is an organized and comprehensive guide to assist in any aspect of the platform. With step-by-step instructions and photos to guide the user from the basics to more advanced features and processes. The Help Center can be found here. https://help.primexbt.com/
In addition to the Chat feature, you can request information on PrimeXBT through firstname.lastname@example.org. The technical support email address is email@example.com
|Charting - Draw Trend Lines
|Charting - Can Turn Horizontally
|Charting - Technical Studies/Indicators
|Watchlist - Syncing
|Trading - Forex CFDs
|Trading - CFDs
|Alerts - Basic Fields
The PrimeXBT platform is available in mobile versions for Android as well as iOS devices.
Graphically, the mobile apps look similar to their web-based counterpart. They also offer the same features. The overwhelming majority of mobile PrimeXBT users like the apps.
PrimeXBT offers some truly unique selling points. By leveraging the features of a multi-currency trading platform, it gives traders a chance to trade without KYC, while creating an attractive use-case for blockchain technology.
The fees and trading conditions at PrimeXBT are reasonable. The platform is great. The more familiar you get with it, the more you learn to appreciate it. The broker is regulated. It does not accept traders from the US and a host of other countries where online trading is illegal.