Best trading app UK
Which is the best trading app in the UK? Do the best sites for trading also have the best apps? Do you want to trade stocks, forex or CFDs?
We reviewed a number of apps from different brokers, among others, apps from Saxo Bank, Alpari International, FXPro and HotForex that didn’t make the list below. We updated all reviews during January 2022. Based on these reviews we found that eToro’s app is the best trading app in UK. And then AvaTradeGo and BlackBull Markets also got their apps in the top three trading apps in the UK market, whereas eToro also has the best trading app for beginners.
The wonderful news for you as a trader is that all the seven trading apps in the list below are completely free. The seven best trading apps in the UK are:
- eToro Social Trading App is also the best app for beginners.
- AvaTradeGo is one of the best trading apps in the UK.
- BlackBull Markets downloaded over 10 million times.
- Plus500 offers a top selection of assets in their trading app.
- XTB Trading App features a unique trading sentiment indicator.
- ETX Capital has the best trading app in the UK.
- FBS available in 150 countries
These seven mobile trading apps for UK are furthermore run by brokers that are correctly regulated and thus you can feel safe about your money. But as always with trading, never invest more than you can afford to lose. Below you can read our reviews of these top seven trading apps.
1. eToro Social Trading App
The best mobile trading app in the UK because of its social component (copy trading) combined with the best functionality and ease of use. eToro is a well-regulated broker that has been around since 2006 and the trading app has been available for years now. Visit eToro
68% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
2. AvaTradeGO Trading App
The app AvaTradeGO is very well liked by traders because of the quick download, the offering of a direct chat option with AVA support and it also offers access to more than 250 tradable assets. Visit AvaTrade
3. BlackBull Markets Trading App
BlackBull Markets offers the rock-solid MetaTrader 4 trading app as their mobile platform. From hundreds of thousands of users, this app has received excellent ratings with 4.8 stars out of 5 for the iOS version and 4.6 stars out of 5 for the Android version. The app offers an impressive selection of basic and advanced features. Visit BlackBull Markets
4. Plus500 Trading App
User feedback of the Plus500 app is positive and that is also our impression when doing this review and thus it almost made top three in our list. The selection of assets users can trade through the app is amazing. CFDs on options, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies, fiat currency pairs, shares and commodity ETFs. Visit Plus500
72% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
5. XTB Trading App
Users rate XTB’s xStation mobile trading app highly because of an intuitive interface, fast and on-point trade execution, outstanding charting and superb features such as its trading sentiment indicator and that you’re not constantly logged out, if your phone goes into rest mode, you tap it and you’re right back in the midst of action. Visit XTB
6. ETX Capital Trading App
ETX Capital allows its clients to trade over 5,000 global markets online through its MT4 and proprietary ETX TraderPro trading platforms. The latter is available in mobile formats for Android and iOS-based mobile devices, allowing ETX Capital clients to take their trading with them on the road. Visit ETX Capital
7. FBS Trading App
FBS is one of the older brokers. Established 12 years ago, it has grown into a mainstay of the online trading/CFD scene. It is present in 150 countries, and it has entered into partnerships with some of the world’s top football clubs. Visit FBS
What to look for in the best trading app
The most important feature of your mobile trading app would be the possibility of cross-platform trading, i.e. you should be able to enter a trade on your desktop and close the same trade in the app. Another important aspect is how simple the app is to use. The easier the better. Furthermore, the app needs to make a wide variety of assets available for trading, to fulfill all of your trading-related needs. All the reviewed broker trading apps on this page offers trading in both stocks, forex and CFDs, however, the number of assets provided for trading in each asset class will vary.
Of course, you also want the app to provide both live and demo accounts. This way, you’ll be able to test the app and to practice in it before you start using it for real money trading. In-app copy trading is also a feature you will likely appreciate. And lastly, on your part, you will need a highly reliable connection to avoid potentially very costly mistakes.
eToro Social Trading App is also the best app for beginners
eToro is a brokerage focused on social trading, while being involved with scores of other finance-related ventures. eToro is one of the few brokers that deal in actual cryptocurrency trading and services.
Its mobile apps, the Android as well as the iOS ones, are a proper reflection of this focus.
The Android app is easy to use, highly functional and it has racked up a very decent score at Google Play.
It is much more than a simple mobile trading platform. In addition to actual trading, it gives traders exposure to the most interesting crypto markets. Its social component lets traders copy their peers, as well as make their trades available for copying.
Having been installed by more than 1 million users, the eToro Social Trading App is indeed one of the most successful mobile trading solutions ever.
The app supports real money trading as well as a virtual portfolio. Through this, traders can put their skills to the test risk-free. There’s a handy watch list and opening a position is as easy as clicking on one of the tradable assets on this list.
Traders can then set their investment amount, as well as their SLs and TPs. clicking the Open Trade button.
Keeping an eye on open positions is just as simple.
Those looking for advanced features (such as social trading), will find everything they could possibly need under the Menu button in the top left corner.
This is where users can copy other traders, where they can take a look at their portfolios and invest in CopyPortfolios.
The eToro club can be accessed from here as well. Users can invite their friends, they can tinker with various settings and they can withdraw their funds.
The size of the Android app is just 43MB. It can be downloaded and installed in under a minute. Registering is also quicker than with most other brokers.
Many users have not received well the latest changes to the app. These updates have targeted the design and the speed with which the app loads feeds. Users can now reply to comments as well.
Several people have complained of bugs, text overlay and dysfunctional charts. We have not seen any such issues when we downloaded and installed the latest version. Problems may, however be device-dependent. Complaints may have also originated from early versions of the update where bugs may have persisted. Right now, the app offers more than reasonable functionality.
The iOS version of the app is significantly larger at 118MB. Fewer people seem to use it. Its user rating is similar to that of the Android app too. Granted, only a handful of people have thus far bothered to leave a review.
Despite that, the iOS app delivers the same functionality as the Android one, and its user interface is similar as well.
Skilled traders can use the iOS or the Android app to become popular investors and to eventually earn 2% off the assets under their management. This second revenue is paid directly by eToro.
Start using the eToro Trading App now.
68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
AvaTradeGO Mobile Trading App
Like most online FX/CFD brokers, AVATrade has made available mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
The apps, which essentially look the same and work the same way, are fairly run-of-the-mill. They offer access to more than 250 tradable assets and feature leverage of 1:30 on some of these assets.
New revolutionary risk management tool. With AvaProtect, clients can now have their trades protected from market risk. For a small initial fee clients can now protect their trades during a specified time and AvaTrade will reimburse the loss on their protected trade. This feature is available for all FX pairs as well as Gold and Silver.
The Android version is obviously the more popular. More than 500,000 people have thus far downloaded it. While there are some complaints regarding overall usability, technical analysis features and some practices on the part of the broker, the majority of the user feedback is positive.
Downloadable for free, AvaTradeGO is only 19Mb big. It can be installed in under a minute and it comes with a great practice mode option, which can be activated just as quickly.
It makes after all perfect sense for traders to put the app to the test in virtual money mode before they use it to invest real money.
Opening a position through the app is as simple and straightforward as possible. All one has to do is to navigate to the market section and select a currency pair/tradable asset.
The dashboard of the app features a horizontally scrollable watchlist as well, so tracked assets and currency pairs can be traded directly from there.
A relatively standard Menu button in the top left corner provides access to the Trade History, one’s open positions, the Market section, as well as to the My AVA Account section.
The app also offers a direct chat option with AVA support, as well as a number of technical tools, such as Pivot Points, MACD, RSI, and a handful of other indicators. Charts can be viewed in landscape mode.
The latest version of the AvatradeGO Android app introduced a few improvements concerning the design of the homepage and a few other features.
- The homepage of the app now lets users choose from two display options.
- App navigation has been improved and a new instruments summary page has been added.
- The “hot” trading instruments are now displayed in a separate list.
With the improvements, the size of the app has increased a bit.
As mentioned, the iOS version of the app is a lot like the Android one. Interestingly, size-wise, it is much heftier. iPhone and iPad users will have to download 109.6MB – rather surprising given the relatively simplistic nature of the app.
The iOS app is available in an impressive number of languages. Besides English, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Russian and Arabic are all supported.
Upon its launch, the iOS app used to feature a $12,500 bonus. Traders can access the Education Centre through the app, to brush up on their trading skills on the move.
The latest version of the AvaTradeGO mobile app introduced a few tweaks as well. It improved app usability and security by adding an app lock with fingerprint/pass-code. It has made the Market Buzz, Economic Calendar and Featured Ideas available directly through the menu.
Both mobile apps support real money deposits and withdrawals, as well as account registration. The Market Trends feature is claimed to be a technology unique to the AvaTradeGO platforms.
Start trading with the AvaTradeGO Trading App now.
BlackBull Markets Mobile Trading App
BlackBull Markets offers a good selection of trading platforms to complement its real ECN trading conditions. Unlike most other brokers, BlackBull has not developed its proprietary mobile trading platform. Instead, it uses MT4 as its “flagship” trading platform as well as its mobile option for iOS and Android devices.
MT4 is the most popular and powerful trading platform. The fact alone that a broker uses it lends that broker some degree of credibility and legitimacy. The Android version of the MT4 platform that BlackBull Markets uses has thus far been downloaded more than 10 million times from the Google PlayStore. Out of all these users, more than 610,000 rated and reviewed the platform, giving it an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. These statistics speak volumes about the capabilities and reliability of the MT4 Android platform.
For all practical purposes, the Android version of the platform replicates the full functionality of the desktop-based version.
Most of the feedback that users leave on the platform is positive. What do MT4 traders like most about the BlackBull Markets platform?
- The Android platform is the recipient of frequent updates. Most users say that the mobile platform has improved since the last time they used it.
- Some traders appreciate that once they open a trade, they do not have to wait for it to expire to lock in the profits. They can close trades manually when they want.
- Convenience is one of the top reasons so many traders have given the platform a 5-star rating.
- Despite its functionality and power, the app is surprisingly easy to use.
- Some users say that the app works outstandingly well, even through poor connections. Others, however, feel that it lags even through excellent connections.
The problem with feedback is that people who like the platform and feel satisfied with it do not feel motivated to leave a review. This explains why even the positive reviews teem with constructive criticism, recommendations, and requests.
That said, some traders genuinely dislike the MT4 mobile trading platform.
- For some traders, the app misfires by closing all the open trades at the same time. In some cases, it simply ignores the Take Profit, failing to close when it reaches it.
- In other cases, the platform does not allow the opening of Demo accounts.
- The platform may log people out and not allow them to log back in using the same credentials.
- Some traders do not like the way MetaQuotes have designed the platform.
- The mobile platform may freeze for some traders when they attempt to take profits.
- Others have complained about the way their drawings behave when they switch time frames. The trend lines seem to act out of order.
The iOS version of the MT4 platform has earned a rating of 4.8 stars out of 5. Some iOS users have complained, however, that some of the features of the app are more difficult to use than in the desktop version.
The Strengths of the BlackBull Markets App
The app offers an impressive selection of basic and advanced features. Opening an order through the app is as easy as selecting the right asset, tapping it, and then selecting the new order option. From there, traders can set the variables of the trade, such as the order type, the TP/SL, the deviation, etc. Launching the trade is as easy as clicking the Buy or Sell button.
- The app supports outstanding charting and technical analysis tools.
- It offers a multitude of order types, such as instant execution, Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Buy Stop, Sell Stop.
- It also supports a full set of trading orders.
- Traders get real-time quotes of the Forex market through the app.
- The platform offers a detailed trading history, giving traders a thorough insight into their past moves.
As mentioned, the charting features of the platform are outstanding. It covers all the technical analysis-related bases, as well as a few nice perks on the side, such as:
- Zoom and scroll options for the interactive charts
- 24 drawing tools
- Sound notifications
- Nine time-frames
- Visual representations of pending orders, Stop Losses and Take Profits on the charts
- Financial news to give a hand with fundamental analysis
- Chart-based switching between financial instruments
Given that this platform is the most popular online trading platform in the world, supporting hundreds of brokers and having tens of millions of users, we can hardly talk about features that would surprise anyone.
As far as special features go, however, we enjoyed the ring-like on-chart quick menu that makes it possible for traders to switch time frames, add shapes, and select technical indicators in the blink of an eye, without ever having to look away from the chart.
MT4 is a trading platform with a rock-solid reputation. Millions of traders use it worldwide, and the feedback they give on it is overwhelmingly positive. The charting features of the MT4 mobile platform are unparalleled. The same goes for the order types it offers.
BlackBull Markets’ ECN trading conditions are great, as are the real-time quotes the platform delivers.
MT4 mobile supports scores of tradable assets and allows traders to switch between trading instruments, directly from the chart.
Traders can perform technical- as well as fundamental analysis directly through the platform.
Plus500 offers a top selection of assets in their trading app
Plus500’s mobile CFD trading app is a platform most users appreciate. The feedback concerning the features and the utility of the Android- and iOS versions is great.
Our first impressions of the app were similarly positive. Plus500’s mobile app:
- Downloads and installs quickly. It makes your phone its home within seconds.
- Its dashboard is simple and intuitive.
- It comes in a Demo version, allowing you to put it to the test.
- It delivers on all of its promises.
- Switching to real money is a matter of a click.
- The app does not misfire following periods of inactivity.
What Exactly Does the Plus500 Mobile App Promise?
The selection of assets users can trade trough the app is amazing. It supports options, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies, fiat currency pairs, shares, and commodity ETFs. Special mini indices, such as the Crypto 10 index, are also parts of the package. Through such indices, users gain great exposure to various market segments.
All of the featured assets can be traded via CFDs. Leverage is available for those with a bigger appetite for risk.
As far as cryptocurrencies go, the app supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and IOTA.
The app features an impressive number of technical indicators. Applying technical indicators is simple and quick. When you apply an indicator to a chart, it will stick around on all charts that you pull up afterward. You need to remove it to get rid of it.
Opening a Position Through the Plus500 Mobile App
The dashboard of the app features several popular assets. In the lower half of the screen, there is a chart, showcasing the price evolution of the selected asset. If you want to add technical indicators to the chart and draw trend lines, simply rotate your phone to landscape mode. The app allows you to select chart-type, add indicators, draw, and select time frames for analysis.
Whatever you do in landscape mode remains visible when you return to portrait mode. In the top right corner of the dashboard, there is a search icon. Click it, and seek out the asset of your choice.
Select it and do your technical/fundamental analysis on it. Once you are sure of the direction of your trade, hit the Buy or the Sell button. You can do this directly on the chart. You can also trade from the dashboard. Select your trading amount, double-check the required margin and set your Take Profit and Stop Loss. You can also set Trailing Stops. Hit Buy or Sell and you are done.
You can manage your Open and Closed positions through the menu in the top left corner of the dashboard.
Besides superb technical analysis tools, the Plus500 mobile app also provides a handy trading sentiment indicator. This indicator is visible when you are opening a position. This way, you can take it into account together with your TA, before committing to a trade.
The sentiment indicator tells you how other users trade the same asset. Plus500 covers TA through the superb selection of technical indicators it offers.
For your fundamental analysis needs, it offers a handy Economic Calendar. You can access this calendar through the main menu button as well.
At the bottom of the screen, the main menu gives you a handy overview of your account. This section contains information on your balance, equity, margin, and Profit/Loss situation. It updates in real-time.
The app lets you set trade alerts as well.
As mentioned, the user feedback concerning the Plus500 mobile app is positive. People appreciate the Demo account. Some have complained about the chart setup, which they deemed too convoluted.
As with any such solution, there are some complaints about the app. At least one user thinks the app is slow to update. Others have not been impressed by the capabilities of the platform.
The free withdrawal feature is a major hit with everyone, however. Start trading with the Plus500 mobile Trading App now.
The latest iteration of the Android version of the Plus500 mobile app has delivered a redesigned main trading screen. Users can now also resize the chart by dragging on its borders. These additions have not significantly impacted the user experience the app offers.
Some users have recently complained that trade execution speed have somewhat slowed down. It may take 2-3 seconds to execute a trade, which is indeed a little slow. During our tests, the app did not drag its feet during execution, so we cannot confirm that issue.
The user interface of the iOS version of the app has been improved as well. iPad users can now enjoy full-screen charting. Trailing stops are now graphically implemented on the charts.
XTB Trading App features a unique trading sentiment indicator
XTB’s xStation mobile trading app looks good, it works well, and users seem to appreciate it. Moreover, the app does not log you out every chance it gets. Even if your phone goes into rest mode and exits the app, as soon as you tap it, you are back in the midst of the action. We have always found the constant logging out annoying with mobile trading apps. This one has addressed the issue.
As mentioned, the user feedback of the app is outstanding. More than 7,000 users bothered to rate the Android version, and they have rated it a 4.5 out of 5. The iOS version has accrued only 1500+ ratings. Its current score is 4.7 out of 5, which is also impressive.
What do users love about the XTB mobile app?
- The charting is outstanding. It is easy on the eyes and it comes with some powerful technical indicators.
- The overall layout of the interface is intuitive. Thus, it is a great fit for beginners as well as pros.
- Trade execution is fast and on-point.
- The app offers some superb unique features, such as its trading sentiment indicator.
There are, of course, some complaints about xStation mobile as well.
- Some users feel that the developers designed the app to facilitate mistakes when opening positions. We cannot fully agree with this assessment.
- In landscape view, the chart is bigger and more detailed, but the Buy and Sell buttons are not available. You need to switch back to portrait mode to use those.
- Some people have issues with the loading of the app. Such problems are likely due to individual incompatibilities and technical issues.
- After reinstalling the app, some users have lost their settings.
- The lack of detailed reports regarding account activity seems to be a problem as well.
The size of the Android version of the XTB mobile varies from on device to another. It should not take more than a few seconds to download and install on any reasonably recent mobile device.
As usual, the iOS version is bulkier. At 74.6 MB is it still not too big as iOS apps go. The apps support several languages and national currencies.
What are the Strengths of the XTB Mobile App?
Besides the fact that it is loved by most of its users, xStation mobile belongs to a reputable brokerage.
- It features excellent 24/5 support.
- A free Demo version gives would-be traders a handsome amount of virtual currency to give the app thorough testing.
- The app comes with several customizable features. It lets traders switch between light and dark themes, showcase their positions on the charts, etc.
- It supports price alerts. You can set it to send you an alert when the price of an asset hits a certain level.
- It is superbly transparent. The Trader’s Calculator details every variable pertaining to a trade before you open a position.
- Comprehensive education is part of the XTB mobile trading experience as well.
- The charting and technical analysis capabilities of the platform are outstanding.
How to Open a Position with the XTB Mobile App?
Placing an order is as simple as tapping on the asset of your choice, bringing up the chart, running your technical and fundamental analysis, taking a peek at the sentiment indicator, and then tapping the Buy or Sell button.
The app then asks for confirmation (you can remove this feature), and your position goes live.
The app details the spread and it allows you to set a take profit and stop loss before launching your order.
Users can customize the dashboard of the app, adding their preferred tradable assets.
The most interesting feature of the app is the trading sentiment indicator. It gives traders an idea of how their peers feel about certain tradable assets. The Sentiments section showcases the sentiment scores of several tradable assets. This way, you get a bird’s eye view of what is bullish and bearish. You can get to the chart page by tapping on any of the assets in the Sentiments section. Launching your order is just a matter of a couple of taps from there.
The Economic Calendar feature is most welcome as well. Through it, you gain a much better understanding of the price-moving market dynamics.
The Education section features location-geared content, delivered in the national language of the country in which you are. This is a boon for most users, but it can be a pain if you are an expat who does not master the local language yet.
The XTB mobile app is a well-put-together mobile trading solution from a reputable brokerage. While it is not perfect, it is a great way to trade the markets on the go.
The overwhelmingly positive user feedback tells you all you need to know about the quality of this app.
ETX Capital is the Best Trading App in the UK
ETX Capital allows its clients to trade over 5,000 global markets online through its MT4 and proprietary ETX TraderPro trading platforms. The latter is available in mobile formats for Android and iOS-based mobile devices, allowing ETX Capital clients to take their trading with them on the road.
Unlike most of its competitors, ETC Capital is not a relatively young operation. Its roots reach back to 1956 when it dealt in Mortgage Bonds. Since then, ETX Capital has come a long way. The company launched its retail derivatives trading arm in 2002.
Nowadays, ETX Capital is one of the most reputable and reliable online brokerages, offering its clients access to state-of-the-art trading platforms and attractive trading conditions.
The corporate entity currently behind the ETX Capital Brand is Monecor Europe Limited. The European-facing branch of the brokerage is based at 62 Athallasas Avenue, Strovolos 2012, Nicosia, Cyprus. The regulatory entity behind the brokerage is CySEC. The license number of the operation is 096/08. This CySEC regulation means that ETX Capital is a MiFID II-compliant entity.
In addition to its CySEC license, ETX Capital is also licensed by the UK’s FCA. When logging into the mobile app, traders can choose whether they want to trade under the regulatory protection of CySEC or FCA.
Monecor London is the corporate face of the UK branch of the operation. It is a registered company, and it is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its FCA registration number is 124721.
What do the users say about ETX Capital’s services?
Most traders like and appreciate the support, the trading conditions, and the platform the broker provides.
- Many users appreciate the customer-focused nature of the operation.
- The quality of the ETX Capital support is also outstanding according to trader reports. The support staff will help you set up your account, and it will solve most of your problems quickly and effectively.
- Others users have praised the educational package of the broker, especially its webinars.
- Some users have found the onboarding process simple, quick, and effective.
- Being able to turn a consistent profit has turned other traders into loyal ETX Capital clients over the years.
Remarkably few users gave the operation a punitive review score. Most of the complaints seem like spam trying to peddle the questionable services of funds-recovery agencies.
- One user complained about losing his/her first two trades inexplicably. Accusing the broker of spread manipulation, the person in question also complained about minute-long delays in execution.
- Despite scores of people stating the contrary, some users have found the ETX support staff unresponsive.
- Another ETX Capital client complained about the steep inactivity fee on his account during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Some users have been unable to withdraw the monies they deposited with the broker. They allege that the broker required income verification from five years ago to allow the withdrawal.
Why should you become an ETX Capital trader? What does the broker give you that its competitors cannot?
- ETX Capital is a boutique broker offering personalized service to all its clients.
- The broker features an award-winning trading platform. Its ETX TraderPro works equally well on desktop computers and mobile devices.
- The broker is reputable and trusted. It has more than 50 years’ worth of experience under its belt.
- The tradable asset selection of the broker is outstanding, covering more than 5,000 markets.
The Strengths of the ETX TraderPro App
ETX Capital’s Android app boasts industry-leading execution. Traders can open positions directly from the chart. The app is available in a Demo version that gives users GBP 10,000 in virtual funds to put the features of the platform to the test.
- The charting features of the app are superb. It supports more than 80 technical indicators together with multiple chart types and drawing tools.
- The app features trading alerts through push notifications and email.
- Market execution is instant and fail-safe.
- Mobile ETX Capital traders get free guaranteed stops they can use to manage their risk.
- The platform allows some degree of personalization. Watch lists are among the items traders can personalize.
- The Android app supports TouchID to allow traders to access their trading platform quickly and seamlessly.
- Users can deposit and withdraw funds directly through the mobile app.
- The app does not time out if inactive. It reloads to allow users quick access to the markets.
The Android app is just 31 MB big. More than 10,000 people have already downloaded it. The overwhelming majority of these people have left raving reviews and top ratings. The aggregate rating of the app on Google Play is 3.8 out of 5.
iOS users seem to like it even more. They have granted the app an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 in the App Store. The iOS app supports the same features and functionalities as the Android one.
It is 39.4 MB big, so it should not take more than a few seconds to download and install on any smartphone.
ETX Capital’s mobile platforms support a staggering range of tradable assets. They also give the trader a high degree of control over trade- as well as account management.
ETX Capital is a well-regulated online trading destination, featuring an award-winning mobile trading platform for Android and iOS devices.
ETX’s trading conditions are good, and its mobile platforms support an impressive number of languages such as English, Chinese, German, Italian, Czech, Danish, Polish, Spanish, etc.
ETX support is responsive and highly effective. You can contact support through live chat or toll-free phone (0800 138 4582). There are two support emails available: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
FBS Mobile Trading App
FBS is one of the older brokers. Established 12 years ago, it has grown into a mainstay of the online trading/CFD scene. It is present in 150 countries, and it has entered into partnerships with some of the world’s top football clubs.
- It is the main partner of Leicester City.
- It acts as the official trading partner of FC Barcelona.
FBS has earned many accolades and industry awards. Thus far, more than 17 million clients worldwide thought FBS worthy of their trust.
- In 2018, the brokerage won the Most Transparent Forex Broker Award.
- In 2017, it picked up an award for its exhaustive and well-put-together education section.
- In 2016, its outstanding customer service earned it another award.
- Overall, the broker can boast 60 international industry recognitions.
What are FBS’ strengths besides experience and a good reputation?
- The broker is a regulated entity that can operate legally in most global jurisdictions.
- It offers its clients negative balance protection.
- It takes input from the client to decide the former’s level of Forex trading experience. It then only lets clients create account types that suit their expertise.
- FBS offers 24/7client support in a wide range of languages.
- The broker has implemented a rich selection of trading tools and features that give users full control over their trading accounts.
FBS signs up more than 7,000 real traders every day.
The broker’s support staff solves a client’s request for assistance every 30 seconds. The average response time of the FBS support is 30 seconds.
The broker’s client retention is impressive. Over 80 percent of its traders decide to continue using FBS’ services after their first contact.
Although there are risks involved in online trading, many of FBS’ traders are profitable. According to the official site of the broker, a client makes a profit withdrawal every 20 seconds.
What do people like about FBS? The majority of user reviews at portals like Trustpilot are positive.
- The live chat support of the broker is popular with many clients.
- FBS maintains a Telegram channel, where its in-house pros offer technical and fundamental analysis that many users appreciate.
- Many feedback providers say that they never had problems withdrawing their profits from FBS.
- The education section of the website is popular as well. Traders seem to love FBS’ webinars.
The negative feedback tends to focus on real or alleged withdrawal problems.
FBS is a regulated broker with licenses from the IFSC of Belize and Cyprus’ CySEC.
The Strengths of the FBS Mobile Trading Platform
FBS’ trading platform is proprietary, and the same goes for the mobile version, which is available for free for Android and IOS-based devices.
The main selling point of the FBS mobile platform is simplicity. The broker claims that its trading platform is as powerful as MT4 but much simpler. Why would you want to trade through this proprietary platform?
- The FBS mobile platform offers access to a wide selection of the most traded instruments.
- The mobile platform covers Forex trading, metals, and other commodities, as well as a special selection of cryptocurrency-based CFDs.
- The app is easy on the eyes and graphically pleasing. It is also highly functional.
- FBS’ mobile app lets traders manage their orders and account settings easily.
- Traders can also use the app for technical and fundamental analysis on the go.
- The app takes up a little more than 10 MB of space, and traders can download/install it within a few seconds.
- FBS’ mobile app supports Take Profits and Stop Losses.
Traders can use the mobile platform to make instant deposits and withdrawals through all the methods the broker supports, such as:
- Wire transfers
- Bank cards
The technical analysis features of the mobile platform are simple and impressive. As soon as you start up the app, it offers to take you through its features step-by-step while giving you access to excellent educational material for beginners and pros.
Through the mobile app, traders can access a handy economic calendar. By using this calendar, they can do some fundamental analysis and stay on top of tradable real-world events as they unfold. The calendar supports filters through which you can select the economic events that present interest to you.
The interface of the calendar offers valuable information on the current and forecasted impact of the event on trading instruments and currency prices.
The mobile app is available in Demo mode. This mode lets traders test all of its features, providing 10,000 units of virtual currency for trading.
FBS is excellent for mobile trading. Its trading platform may be proprietary, and it may not have the clout or reputation of MT4, but it works well and is great for technical and fundamental analysis.
The broker is regulated, and its reputation among traders is good. The selection of “legacy” tradable assets on the platform is good. But when it comes to trading cryptocurrency-based CFDs, FBS is second to none.
For further reading, you can see our reviews of the overall best trading platforms for the UK here.
Please share all the comments you might have on these trading apps in the comment field below. Which is the best trading app in the UK according to you? And do you feel that the best trading app for beginners would be the same app?